A Roadmap to Success: Hiring, Retaining and Including People with Disabilities
The Federal Government is committed to having a world-class workforce that is reflective of the Nation and composed of talented individuals. To achieve this, we must tap into the knowledge, skills, and abilities of all Americans, including those with disabilities.
This course provides Federal employees with some basic resources and strategies to successfully hire, retain, and advance employees with disabilities.
The purpose of this course is to help you to:
- Recruit, accommodate, hire, retain, and include individuals with disabilities.
- Identify Federal laws, regulations, policies, and initiatives that promote an inclusive workplace for people with disabilities.
- Locate internal and external resources to recruit, develop, and retain employees with disabilities.
This course will benefit all Federal employees. In accordance with E.O. 13548 on Increasing Federal Employment of Individuals with Disabilities, this training should be considered required training for human resources personnel and hiring managers.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management
If you have technical problems running this online courseware:
Course Content Contact:
- See the list of Troubleshooting Tips.
- Call the help desk at 202-558-2203 or toll free at 888-804-4510, (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-6:00 PM EST).
- Or you can email a support request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion, email@example.com
Online (hosted on HRU)
HR Technical Competency:
Employee Relations; Human Resource Development; Performance Management; Policy; Staffing
Client Engagement/Change Management; Creative Thinking; Customer Service; Decision; Flexibility; Influencing/Negotiating; Information Management; Integrity/Honesty; Interpersonal Skills; Legal, Government, and Jurisprudence; Oral Communication; Organizational Awareness; Problem Solving; Reasoning; Teamwork; Workforce Planning
Creativity and Innovation; External Awareness; Flexibility; Resilience; Strategic Thinking; Vision; Conflict Management; Leveraging Diversity; Developing Others; Team Building; Customer Service; Problem Solving; Human Capital Management; Partnering; Political Savvy; Influencing/Negotiating
In order to take this course, you must Log In
and you must have registered using a current federal government email address